Tuesday, March 19, 2013

denim deja-vu

I'm finally down to a weight that I felt it was okay to buy a new pair of jeans that I will get plenty of wear out of before needing a different size. (if we actually reach that point) So I found myself the perfect pair and smiled in the mirror as I tried them on! 

This particular pair of jeans has buttons instead of a zipper. As I was buttoning them up this morning it took me back to my last pair of button up jeans. They were Lucky Brand jeans and they had a grand total of TWO buttons to get to the top.. TWO!! and to make it even worse, the words "lucky you" were on the inside of the zipper. {gross} These new jeans have four solidly spaced buttons. So naturally, in this deja-vu moment I decided to just button two of them and see where they hit me on my hips.. And that was it, in that exact moment I realized... I am officially a mom and I LOVE IT! Thank you Gap for buttoning me up to my navel and making me feel confident and beautiful without sporting the muffin fluff for all to see! 

1 comment:

  1. I love you for this. I also desperately miss Gap (we don't have one in this town. *dies*)

    ReplyDelete